Battle with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Photo Log: Day 16 - 19, Aug 5 - Aug 8


August 5, 2010
Here are some additional photos capturing Alicia's joyous first moments with Whitney in her arms. See how adorable Whitney is. I had to miss this because I was attending classes at Arizona State University. I'm taking a 16 week course condensed into a 5 week summer course, and I had already missed 3 class sessions. This is about equivalent to being absent from class for about a 3rd of the semester. I really couldn't afford to miss any more days of school.












August 6, 2010
Taken the next day, I was also able hold Whitney in my arms. It was absolutely an amazing experience holding my first child in my arms for the first time after all we've been through together.














We were able to put some socks over Whitney's feet. Behold Whitney's first pair of booties.









Of course, Alicia got to hold Whitney some more.






August 7, 2010
We invited Bishop Bird and his wife over to see Whitney up close and in person. While there at the Whitney's bedside, the Birds gave Whitney the gift of a bird, a beanie baby rooster by the name of Strut.





When we left the hospital this day we decided to take a tour of the St Joseph's Hospital grounds. We took pictures of some of the statues. Here are some pictures of St Joseph himself.








The Patient/Visitor's parking garage has 5 floors. We rarely ever park on the 4th floor and the 5th floor is barracaded off so you can't drive up there. However, the elevator still will take you to the 5th floor. Alicia and I decided to be adventurous and check out the forbidden 5th floor parking area. When we got up there we were taken by surprise by how beautiful and calming the drifting clouds and inspiring sunset were along with the vistas of the mountains behind the city skyscrapers. It was the most unusual place to find zen-like peace.











August 8, 2010
Just a couple of pictures of Whitney sleeping.




1 comment:

  1. I remember coming home Saturday and seeing that gorgeous sunset! At the time I kept thinking, "I so wish I were on top of a mountain right now!" Just so I could get some good pictures. But yours are lovely! And, of course, Whitney is the loveliest of all!

    I'm SO happy you guys could have these experiences! Sometimes in the past it had felt like it wouldn't be possible, but...here we are!! My prayers and hopes continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete