Battle with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Card 2011... for the Blog!

Christmas Card 2011... for the Blog!



This was an amazing year, full of up and downs but mostly fun!  Thomas and I have been married for almost five years now! This year was also full of “firsts” for us as a family of three.  Thomas and I love this first time parenting deal and are getting use to toting around our baby girl. Of course for the most part of the beginning of this year and the past few months we have kept our daughter safe at home.  We were able to go on a couple of trips this year, mostly thanks to my parents.  First, we went to the beach with my family.  I’m so glad Whitney loved it because going to Oceanside, CA is truly one of my favorite vacations.  Second, Whitney and I went with my parents to Utah and Idaho for a family reunion and Independence Day.  Thomas had to stay home and work for that trip, but we still had fun seeing all my extended family.  We are living at my parents’ home who made it possible for Thomas and me to go out on lots of dates together!  We are so grateful and excited to raise a family in the gospel!

Thomas is still working at The Hartford Insurance Company handling claims.  He works so hard at his job and does lots of needed overtime.  Thomas has also been busy applying for Dental School! With his perfect GPA and amazing DAT score, but we have not been accepted yet. He got interviews at CO, AZ, and CA so those are our only options.  We are really hoping we get in for next year! Thomas is a ward missionary in our ward and loves going out with the missionaries and teaching the class.   Thomas is an amazing Daddy and does so much in helping care for Whitney.  She always says “Dada” with a huge smile when Thomas comes home!

I love being a stay at home mother, but am still get use to not working as a dental assistant.  Caring for Whitney certainly takes up all of my time during the day! Between tube feedings, doctors/therapy appointments, and cleaning, I hardly have time for myself.  I love blogging and talking to friends and hanging out with family.  I was able to take a class at Glendale Community College this past fall semester.  It was good to learn about food and nutrition, also good to get out of the house!  For my church calling, I make the weekly programs! It’s pretty easy to do, just have to fold 100 pieces of paper every week but I get to listen to the lesson in Relief Society!

Whitney K. has had a very busy year and of course I could write pages on her accomplishments, but I will simply summarize them.  She was 6 months old in January and is now 17 months old!  She has grown so much and has quite the personality!  She loves playing with my parents little dog, loves bath time, reading books, and playing outside.  Lately, Whitney enjoys watching Sesame Street and The Price is Right in the mornings.  Whitney had three surgeries this year; the first one was in May.  She had a Cardiac Cath done to help with pulmonary hypertension and it got her weaned off oxygen and onto a medicine.  The second one was in June, called an endoscopy, or Upper GI, to determine why she wasn’t gaining weight and always vomiting and the results were inconclusive.  The third surgery was in August when she got her Gastrostomy tube.  This feeding tube permanently replaced her Nasal Gastrostomy tube. Thank goodness we are not planning any surgeries or hospital stays next year!  Whitney has been so tough with all of this plus the numerous follow ups and checkups and therapies!  She graduated from physical therapy and continues feeding and speech therapy and will soon get occupational therapy.  We had such a good time this year celebrating all of Whitney’s first holidays too!  This year we celebrated Whitney’s first Birthday with a big Luau!  I love how Whitney has so many friends! 

We are counting our blessing and looking forward to another amazing year!  We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Pray always!

Love,

The Montgomery’s
Thomas, Alicia & Whitney Kaholumehekainani




No comments:

Post a Comment