Battle with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

NG Tube, Oxygen, Shots, Rball



Hey all! It's been a while so I suppose I'll do a quick update!  Thomas was suppose to put in a video in the mean time...but of course he didn't...

well in his defense,  he is studing a lot for the DAT.  Sometimes he doesn't get home till 10PM. 

"I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!"



The valentines picture of Whitney shows her tubeless... well she really isn't.  That morning she threw up the NG Tube (it came out her mouth!) So I pulled it out and took off all the tape and the oxygen nasal cannula.  Bathed her and then took a million pictures.  Her poor checks were so red and raw...try having tape on your face for 7 months straight!  So when I put everything back on and in, with the help of my mom and husband, I only taped on the NG Tube and not the cannula.  I just tuck it behind her ears and tighten it in the back.  It comes off and I'm always ajusting it.  It's only been off for 2 weeks now and her face is still needing to heal. 

We are still contsantly trying new things to get Whitney to eat better.  She's taking less than half of her daily intake by bottle.  We need to get her up to ALL by bottle!  Only time will tell though.  Recently I have been swaddling her while drinking and so far she seems to like that.  It helps her calm, relax, and focus on eating.  Whitney doesn't eat well in the mornings so I have to put it through the tube which always makes her throw up.  Then I rinse her off in the shower.  We play together, then she sleeps. But of course if she has an appointment is ruins the whole days routine. 



Trying to jump out of my boppy pillow

Whitney gained some weight and is doing okay there.  She weighs 13 lbs 11oz.  She got her synagis shots today and also Grandma H. came over to visit!  I decided to take her to different speech therapist opposed to the one at Phoenix Children's. I'm not sure what her purpose is because she just tells me to keep doing what I'm doing!  The new one does some other "touchy" therapist as I like to call it.  You know the emotional stuff vs. medicine.  I hope I don't have to believe in it for it to work, but I figure it's worth a shot. 







"I Love my Gramma P."

"I love my Grandma H."


Not much new to say and I suppose that's good, except I wish she was doing better at eating and breathing.  Other than all that, Whitney is super happy and so sweet.  She does this whine thing and it's so funny.  Whitney is always smacking her lips together making a 'pop' noise.  She also loves to spit and blow bubbles!  Whitney is rolling around every where now.  It's so fun but makes me think like every other mother...She's growing up too fast!  I' worried that the oxygen tubing will get caught around her neck or something.  Whitney also rolls around in her bed!  I love watching her reach and roll to her toys.  I love playing with her and making her laugh, sweetest laugh ever. 

I can't wait to take her to church with us, finally.  Only one more month!  I think I will take her even though she'll probably still be on oxygen and ng tube. Then people will think I'm a real mom! Haha.  I won't let anyone hold her though, unless they are dying to then they can and they'll just wash their hands first.  It should definitely be interesting to say the least.


Daddy's little lady

Racquetball is so fun!  I love that Thomas is playing too!  There's only one other girl in the class and she doesn't talk to me...  Last week I asked to really good player to be my partner! Ha ha (he was the only one left)  Thomas got paired with coach.  If your team wins you move up a court and if you lose you move down.  We won every game!  When we played Thomas and the coach it was so fun. Coach thought I was beating Thomas up with my serves!  I love getting out and playing racquetball!

No comments:

Post a Comment