Battle with Right-Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Picture Time!

Hey everyone! It's been a couple weeks! All is well in the Montgomery/Patterson household! Whitney is as cute as ever! She absolutely melts my heart! I'm on my moms computer because mine is not really working. Which stinks because blah blah you probably don't want to hear about finances, ha, we are all in bad financial situations I'm sure. You know, paying for our million dollar baby and all! But it will be even hard now to do my church calling which is making the sunday program, also because we don't have the program any more ( it was a beta version of publisher). Ha, but that's enough about us! THis is Whitney's blog.





Last week we finally got in to see the G.I. Dr. M. Before we saw him though we tried out Colic Calm, which is suppose to help with reflux also. It worked for 2-3 days but Whitney was back to screaming every time I tried to feed her. So, the G.I. said she has severe reflux, it's silent meaning she doesn't spit up. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition in which the stomach contents (food or liquid) leak backwards from the stomach into the esophagus (the tube from the mouth to the stomach). This action can irritate the esophagus, causing heartburn and other symptoms. Whitney was in a lot of pain and I've been trying to help her for weeks but Dr. offices are so slow! Dr. M. prescribed Prevacid, saying that Zantac is not strong enough for her. She's been on it for a little more than a week now, and it seems to be helping. WHitney is so much happier now and doesn't scream at the bottle. She still does have oral aversion but eventually will learn that it won't hurt her anymore.











Last weekend we all went over to my sister's house (Tim & Jess) to celebrate my sister's (Bri) Birthday. This was Whitney's first real outing! Dr. offices don't count! Ha. It was really fun. We brought the oxygen concentrator and her little swing. Jess doesn't have a couch yet (on it's way) so everyone decided to lay around Whitney, dad is really asleep. Thomas eventually fell asleep while me, mom, and my sisters played a game. Whitney had fun too, and slept the whole way home.





My mom's younger sister, Renee (whom I'm named after), came down from Las Vegas to visit Grandma and us! My mom has 9 siblings, she is second youngest, then Aunt Renee. That day we also went to the Pediatric Surgeon's office for a follow-up appointment. Took them forever to get to us but O well. Dr. G. (the surgeon who helped save my daughter's life), said Whitney looks good and to still be on the watch for signs of reherniation. Which include throwing up. Because her 'guts' could easily float back up threw the stiches or the patch because they Are just floating around, not attached to the intestine wall. I really hope that doesn't happen at all! I would be so so sad. She said the last right sided CDH repair she did was 5 years ago! But that that little girl is doing really good so that is hopeful! SHe wants WHitney to get an Xray soon, just to see how things are, and follow up every three months then once a year! Crazy but of course!







THIS is THE DAY that Whitney has been home for 8 Weeks! SHE was in the Hospital for 8 Weeks!!! Tuesday is the day she came home, So Wednesday was the day that we had our little baby home longer that she was in the hospital for!!! Her shirt says I got my first HUG at St. Joesph's Hospital, Phoenix, AZ. Ha, she looks like she is floating! So my mom & I went on a little shopping spree for Whitney, buying some new outfits to celebrate! I was really looking forward to this day, it was a good day, and now it's past. But it gets better each day because she is home with us, safe and loved.





THese next 3 pictures are in sequence of my baby girl rolling over! First she cries. Ha, poor thing. THen she finally flips over. Then she gets her Ducky Pacifier to calm down. She is actually getting much better at rolling over now she doesn't cry as much! She's in her new dress Grandma P. bought.







Another first! We took WHitney for a walk around the neighborhood! Great weather Great company! Boo smokers, haha, sorry! WHitney had a good time just looking around at everything (she's still healthy so I think the fresh air was good for her). But it is (finally) getting chillier so we might take her out again. Her last little walk outside was 8 weeks ago when she came home!



Just a super cute pic on the day she was with us longer than away. Love the PJ's and sleepy look! My aunt mentioned some stuff about energy healing, so I googled it. I think it's worth a shot. I believe WHitney is emotionally detached from us and food. (How would you feel if you mommy & daddy had to leave you every night for the first 2 months of life?) I'm trying to hold as much as I can, because she really seems to like that a lot! Any ways, just some kind of emotional healing help after all she's been though, so we'll see if we comfortable with that. We're helping her in every other way possible but maybe this is what's missing.



Oh yeah! I finally found a little tutu! it's attached to the onesie which says Mommy's Princess!

Yes, her daddy is really asleep! This was taken at about 2 this morning! THis is how THomas feeds her. She's comfy but not cuddled. Classic!


IN these next pics, obviously, Whitney does not have her nasal cannula in! ANd oh she looks so adorable! It's like she's missing some though, like when some one doesn't have their glasses on! I gave her a nice bath and changed out all of her oxygen tubing and the cannula. Cleaned up her face good, because it gets all red and sticky! SHe likes it off but hates it being put back on. But it does help her and hopefully she get weened off it early next year! I mean really, how is she suppose to crawl being hooked up?
SHe is a super fun baby girl and I'm so grateful I get to stay home with her. THank you all for reading my blog and loving our little family. I hear some primary children still pray for her, that is so sweet. I know that my heart has been softened by this miracle. ANd testimony strengthened. It has been and definitely will still be a rough road. But worth every minute. I know there's lots of you out there who can relate, having a baby/child with medical needs, so I hope my blog also helps you. Phew, long blog! Much more to come of course as my baby grows! I keep telling her that I want heathly and stong and happy!





2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS. And her hair is getting so much longer! Ooooooh, Whitneeeeeeey~! Auntie Kehau misses you so much, but she has been quite sick and has needed to stay away! *e-mails hugs and kisses*

    I've still got a cough lingering from my cold, but when it's gone and BEEN GONE for a few days, I'll call you so I can come see her!! She's adorable!

    What would Whitney like for Christmas~? =D

    ReplyDelete